Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up in a casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
--C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!! Feliz Año!!! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with your loved ones and friends.

I'm not one for making new year's resolutions really, but this year, I have made a list of resolutions to improve upon or work towards. Most are common resolutions that most Americans make: "Eat healthier," "Exercise more," "Drink more water," etc. I make these because I am becoming more aware of my health and that I need to take care of myself more. I don't think I eat really unhealthily to be honest. I avoid fried foods. Not just to be healthy, but I just don't like it! It makes me feel gross, and it just doesn't taste good. So I'm probably not your typical Southerner. (Despite what my friend Tara says, I do not have a southern accent!) I don't really like chips, whipped cream, alfredo sauce, cheese, most Starbucks drinks as I'm not a coffee drinker, I hate bacon, etc. I don't like to think of myself as a picky person, but I think sometimes I can be. But I do like to try new things!

Despite all of that, I still want to eat healthier. Eating more vegetables and fruit. I love my desserts and I love sweet food. So typically in the evenings when I'm wanting a snack after dinner, it's something sweet, and I'll usually go for dessert. Oreos are my go-to dessert if there is nothing else in the house. Obviously, over the holidays, there are more desserts than normal. So I've been eating banana pudding (one of my favorites!) and pumpkin pie. Eating healthier includes drinking more water. I am horrible at this. At home, I prefer to drink juice or sweet tea. Too much sugar! When I'm away, at work or driving around, I'll drink water, but I should drink more at home too.

Another resolution will be to blog more. I don't consider myself a good writer by any means. I don't expect to get any praise because I tend to ramble in my posts and repeat myself, and they'll get too long. It's something I'm going to work on (but obviously not in this post!). I'm thinking of creating a new blog where it'll focus more on one audience and keep this one as a personal one, or just combine the two. I'm not sure. I know for sure I want a better blog template. This one isn't very good. I'll work on this on a day off.

I have many others (which I'll probably have a hard time keeping but I'll try to do it!), but I'll share one last one. This last one most people know about, but I'm really hoping to make it back to Peru this year. Whether to stay longer term or visit, I'm not going to say just yet. It's all in the works. But I definitely will come to Peru at some point whether that's as soon as one month away or 5 months away, I won't say. But I'm looking forward to that day when I can jump back on the plane to Peru.

This is getting long enough. Without further ado, I bid you farewell. I hope you've had a great start to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment