Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up in a casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
--C.S. Lewis

Friday, June 15, 2012

Home Again

Since coming home, I have been trying to keep myself busy and look for jobs. At first, it was hard, but now I have some possibilities. Like a job interview with a company that places people in offices as receptionists, secretaries, etc. either as a temp or part-time or full-time. They told me I will have to take a Microsoft Word and Excel test. Not sure entirely what that will entail but I hope I know enough to pass. They said I would be there for a couple hours and have a short interview after the test. I also might possibly have an interview with Campbell Clinic next week for physical therapy technician! I haven't exactly gotten confirmation but the guy I talked to on the phone sounded pretty promising (if he follows through on his word). I would prefer this job because it'll be much more related to what I'm interested in doing, but the other job would do just fine too. I could learn some more office skills.

I have also been trying to keep myself busy by making some of the recipes from Pinterest that I have found. Like this:
Pan-roasted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Green Beans


It turned out to be really good except I should have marinated the chicken longer for more flavor. Oh well. Next time!

I also made yeast rolls to go with it. They were good as well, but nothing special.


I was able to visit Knoxville last weekend to see all my friends (except Amanda, but that's next weekend!) and attend one of their weddings! It was so good to see them and I had a really good time. Laura and I at the reception:


The beautiful bride, Jenna, and her ecstatic husband, Benjamin!

No comments:

Post a Comment